Populating space in Starfield may seem like an impossible task. And although there are many planets where people have claimed new homes and built futuristic cities, there are still some planets that we can freely explore. By research I mean going down to the core. Here’s how many outposts you can have in Starfield .
Starfield: How many outposts can you have?
Once you begin your journey through the Milky Way in Starfield, you’ll have a limit of eight different outposts that can be spread across different planets and moons throughout the galaxy. This means that once you build an outpost beacon, one of those outpost slots will be occupied. If you want to free up a few slots because you’ve found the best planets and locations to take advantage of the outpost’s gathering and mining opportunities, remove said beacons.
Increase the maximum number of outposts in Starfield.
Luckily, there is a way to increase the limits of outpost construction, and that is by increasing the rating of the Planetary Habitat skill, located in the Science skill tree . Moreover, you will also unlock the ability to set up outposts in extreme weather conditions. However, this is easier said than done because it is a Master level skill. This means that you will have to spend a total of 12 skill points in the science skill tree before you can unlock it. Once you meet this requirement, each rank increase will allow you to increase the number of outposts you can build in the Starfield. Once you reach Rank 4, you will be able to build a total of 24 different outposts throughout space.. All you need to do is build inhabited outposts on different planets. Here are the different rank effects and requirements for the Planetary Habitation skill.
Planetary Habitat Skill Levels
- Challenge : Spend 12 skill points in the Science Skill Tree.
- Effects : You can build outposts on planets with extreme temperatures (Deep Freeze and Inferno). Increase the maximum number of outposts you can build by 4.
- Objective : Build habitable outposts on three different planets.
- Effects : You can build outposts on planets with extreme pressure. Increase the maximum number of outposts you can build by 8.
- Objective : Build habitable outposts on 5 different planets.
- Effects : You can build outposts on planets with a toxic or corrosive atmosphere. Increase the maximum number of outposts you can build by 12.
- Objective : Build habitable outposts on 10 different planets.
- Effects : You can build outposts on planets with extreme gravity. Increase the maximum number of outposts you can build by 16.
Continue building outposts and leveling up the Planetary Habitat skill to command many outposts throughout the Milky Way. You’ll become a millionaire in no time if you know how to mine resources using each of the buildings in your outpost. Just remember to collect the materials needed to build them and you’re good to go.