When Expedition 2 launched in No Man39;s Sky, developer Hello Games pulled out of the biggest and best collaboration the game had ever seen. Mass Effect’s Normandy SR1 was revealed as a reward for completing an expedition, and fans flocked to get their hands on it.
At that time, the Frigate was a very limited specimen. There was no way to obtain it outside of the mission-based mode, and each relaunch sees new players logging in to claim their prize. However, there are several ways to obtain this Frigate.
Complete guide to the frigate No Man39;s Sky Normandy SR1
- How to unlock the Normandy SR1 frigate in No Man39;s Sky
- How to unlock the frigate Normandy SR1 using the “No” button Mans Sky service bot
- Step 1: Enable cross-play and add a bot.
- Step 2: Engage a bot.
- How to unlock the Normandy SR1 frigate by completing Expedition 2: Neutral Skies Beachhead
- First stage
- Second phase
- Third stage
- Fourth stage
- Fifth stage
How to unlock the Normandy SR1 frigate in No Man’s Sky
Below we’ve outlined all the ways players can unlock the Normandy SR1 frigate from Mass Effect in No Man39;s Sky. As new techniques are discovered or added to the game, we will include them here so that all players can obtain the iconic ship and make it part of their fleet.
How to unlock the Normandy SR1 frigate using the No button Mans Sky Service Bot
The easiest way to get the Normandy SR1 frigate in No Man39;s Sky is to use the No Man39;s Sky service bot. This is a website that allows players to add bots to their game that will help them during the game or in this case, bring along some awesome equipment.
Step 1: Enable cross-play and add a bot
First, players will need to make sure they have cross-play enabled in their game settings. It’s the same regardless of the platform. Then in their network settings they must allow anyone to join their group . This will mean that bots will be able to join the player in their save file.
Players now need to add a friend to their friends list in No Man39;s Sky. They need to add a friend: H26R-30AZ-B8Z3G , after which they will probably have to restart the game. This is a precaution to ensure that the bot is added to the player’s friends list.
Step 2: Recruit a bot
Now that players have added the bot to their friends list, they can use No Man39;s Sky Service Bot website. In the Select Service section, players must select Reward Delivery . They will then need to enter their friend code, which can be found in the game’s “Friend List” section .
Next, players need to check all three boxes on the website under the text boxes. Below this section will be a list of items they can choose to ship. In the search field, type Normandy until the item SSV Normandy SR1 appears and select it .
When a service bot enters a player’s game, it will give them the SSV Normandy SR1 item. It can be used with the Navigator and Fleet Control room on the player’s capital ship to unlock a frigate and send it on expeditions where it will physically move. Players can also just fly it and enjoy it.
How to unlock the Normandy SR1 Frigate after completing Expedition 2: Neutral Skies Beachhead
Most players initially unlocked the Normandy SR1 frigate in No Man39;s Sky by completing Expedition 2: Beachhead . This is only possible for the duration of the Expedition, which can happen from time to time as developer Hello Games relaunches them from time to time. After completing an expedition, players can receive the Normandy SR1 frigate as a reward from any new save file they create.
The expedition begins with players being thrown into an unknown world with a set of objectives to complete, as with all expeditions. Players will need to complete each milestone in each phase to unlock the reward they are looking for. We’ve outlined all the steps below for when the Expedition reappears.
Please note that this method only works during an active expedition. If this is not the case, the method above is a reliable way to purchase the Normandy SR1 Frigate in No Man39;s Sky. This is also an easier method, but we recommend completing this expedition whenever possible to make the claim legal.
The first phase is simple: players will have to do most of what they do at the beginning of any playthrough of No Man39;s Sky. They can be completed without thinking, and players can work on other stages in the meantime.
- Lunar Rover : Deploy the Exocraft Roamer.
- First steps : your starship has been reached.
- Remove : Leave the planet.
- Enable Teleporter : Use a cargo ship to teleport to a new system. .
- Meeting 1 : Get to the first meeting point.
In the second phase, things speed up a bit. . Players need to complete some additional activities from the main game. This is where the Expedition will start to take up a lot of time in a No Man39;s Sky play session.
- Encounter 2 : Reach the second encounter point.
- Decommissioned : Restore a crashed ship.
- Interstellar Rescue : Come to the aid of a stranded life form.
- Fallen Giants : Explore the site of a freighter wreck.
- Aviator : Pilot your 500,000 unit ship.
In the third stage, players will explore even further areas and find new worlds that they may not have even seen in the main game. This is a good way to introduce game mechanics to new players who may not understand the depth of No Man39;s Sky.
- Date 3 : Get to the third meeting point.
- Legs of Flame : Visit a scorched world.
- Life from Dust : Find one creature in a desert world.
- Pale Blue Dot : Visit a frozen world.
- Rain Like Poison: Visit a poisonous world.
- Green Abundance : Discover one creature in a lush world.
- Glowing Earth : Visit a radioactive world.
In the fourth stage, things begin to come to mind. It’s all about talking to the local aliens. This can also be done fairly quickly, but it will require players to travel between multiple systems and land on multiple worlds in each.
- Date 4 : Get to the fourth meeting point.
- Words for Friends : Learn ten words in the Gek language.
- Visit Atlas : Visit the Atlas station.
- Linguistic Decoding : Learn ten Corvax words.
- Uncharted : Unlock ten systems.
- Hooray! Crash! Crash! : Learn ten Wikin words.
At the final stage of this expedition, the community demanded that the key be unlocked in order to decrypt it. However, since the expedition has long since ended, it will simply need to be deciphered when it returns. Future expeditions unlock these stages as players progress, so the methodology may be hit or miss when it returns.
- Rendezvous 5 : Reach the final rendezvous point.
- ZX?FL OVZ??EG : Po?lo fkuzzaus k?tk??
- HUZS KE E?LLUS : Susp?thzss? s?x Nzda
- FKM?S KZ EU?LPZS : Pa?ra kttzzk g?de?!
- ZATLA?SEUM MKEEZS: zi?xte?en?u?
After completing Phase 5, players will unlock their rewards, including the Normandy SR1 Mass Effect Frigate.