Even though the Payday 3 Nebula Data Error is a server-side error, there are some fixes that you can try.
With the release of Payday 3, a global influx of players eagerly dives into the action-packed world of shooting and looting. However, a significant number of players have encountered a frustrating obstacle at the outset: the “Nebula Data Error: Failed to fetch Game Config Data,” effectively hindering them from enjoying the game.
Regrettably, this issue arises from the excessive load placed on the Nebula servers, which serve as the central hub for uniting players across all three platforms. Now, let’s explore potential solutions to resolve this error in Payday 3.
Can you fix the Payday 3 Nebula Data Error?
The primary cause of this error is server overload, stemming from the developer’s end. As a player, there’s limited action you can take to resolve this issue on your side. The most advisable course of action is to patiently await an official solution announcement from Starbreeze Studios. Nevertheless, you can experiment with a few potential fixes to address the “Fail to fetch game config data” error in Payday 3.
Possible solutions to fix the Nebula Data Error
When launching the game, your initial priority should be to verify the stability and speed of your internet connection. It must meet or exceed the recommended requirements for the game to initiate smoothly. To address the Nebula Data Error and resolve the “Failed to Fetch Game Config Data” issue in Payday 3, you can implement the following solutions.
Unlink your Steam account
One potential solution to resolve the Nebula Data Error is to detach your Steam account from the game. This can be accomplished by logging out of your Nebula account and subsequently signing in via Steam or an alternate platform.
Proceed by inputting your credentials on the login page and then click the “Sign In” button. This action is expected to rectify the error. To confirm the resolution, relaunch the game.
The Windows firewall on your PC may interfere with the game’s sign-in process, leading to a “Failed To Fetch Game Config Data” error. To address this, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your Windows Settings and select “Update & Security,” the last option in the list.
2. Choose “Windows Security” from the menu on the left.
3. Click on “Virus & Threat Protection” within the Protection Areas menu.
4. A new window will appear, and under the “Virus & Threat Protection Settings” tab, locate the “Manage Settings” options.
5. Look for “Exclusions” and add the Payday 3 folder to it by clicking on the “Add or Remove Exclusions” option.
This action allows the game to bypass the Windows Firewall. Afterward, relaunch the game to determine if the fix has resolved the issue.
Network Drivers Reset
Another viable solution to address the Nebula Data Error is to perform a network reset, ensuring a stable and swift connection. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open your Windows Search bar and search for “Network Reset” within System Settings.
2. This action will open a Settings pop-up window, presenting you with the “Reset Now” option.
3. Click on “Reset Now,” and then confirm by selecting “Yes” to reset the network.
4. After your PC restarts, initiate the game to verify whether the Payday 3 Nebula Data error has been successfully resolved.