In the Procyon A system, you will find a planet called Procyon III that you can survey to gather data and sell it for Credits.
Procyon III, located in the “Procyon A” star system, is the third planet available for survey in Starfield. It boasts a high O2 atmosphere and a predominantly rocky surface, with a gravity of 1.07. The planet features chemical water and maintains a cold temperature.
On Procyon III, you will encounter a moderate amount of flora and fauna that require scanning using the Survey Checklist. Additionally, the planet offers a selection of resources and planet traits for exploration.
How to 100% Survey Procyon III in Starfield
Surveying Procyon III 100% requires you to scan the 5 flora, 10 fauna, 7 resources, and 3 planet traits from the Survey Checklist using your scanner.
Procyon III Survey Checklist
|Resources||Argon, Water, Fluorine, Copper, Tetrafluorides, Ionic Liquids, and Neon|
|Flora||Cold Cave, NettleBog, BloomFrost, ReedRotting, StinkrootSwamp, and Weed|
|Fauna||Coralheart Herbivore, Pack Coralbug Stalker, Pack Coralcrab Stalker, Herding Coralcrawler Grazer, Hunting Kronosaurus, Hunting Shieldshell, Flocking Octomaggot Grazer, Schooling Featherfin Filterer, Herding Crabfly Grazer, and Gossamer Scavenger|
|Planet Traits||Gravitational Anomaly, Psychotropic Biota and Corraline Landmass|
All Fauna on Procyon III
Procyon III has moderate fauna; you need to scan the following ten to survey this planet.
- Coralheart Herbivore: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as an Antimicrobial
- Pack Coralbug Stalker: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as a Toxin
- Pack Coralcrab Stalker: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as a Stimulant
- Herding Coralcrawler Grazer: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as Sealant
- Hunting Kronosaurus: Found in the Ocean biome and acts as Nutrient
- Hunting Shieldshell: Found in the Frozen Plains biome and acts as Spice
- Flocking Octomaggot Grazer: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as Sedative
- Schooling Featherfin Filterer: Found in the Ocean biome and acts as an Adhesive
- Herding Crabfly Grazer: Found in Frozen Plains biome and acts as Metabolic Agent
- Gossamer Scavenger: Found in Frozen Plains biome and acts as Structural Material
Fauna on Procyon III refers to various living species resembling animals. To locate them, employ your scanner to confirm their presence on the Survey Checklist. Once identified, you can use any weapon to eliminate them.
This action will mark them as completed on the Starfield Procyon III Survey Checklist. Additionally, defeating fauna yields the added benefit of their bodies being automatically added to your inventory, which can later be utilized for crafting various items at Workbenches.
All Flora on Procyon III
There is moderate flora on Procyon III, and you need to scan the following 5 in Starfield to survey this planet.
- Cold Cave Nettle: Found in the Frozen Plains biome and acts as a Sealant
- Bog Bloom: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as Nutrient
- Frost Reed: Found in the Frozen Plains biome and acts as Fiber
- Rotting Stinkroot: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as an Antimicrobial
- Swamp Weed: Found in Wetlands biome and acts as Ornamental Material
How to Find Resources on Procyon III
You can scan Procyon III using your scanner in Starfield for the following resources:
|Argon||“Argon has several uses in Starfield, from the production of graphite, researching dark matter at the Research Laboratory, in lighting, preservatives, or even in cryogenics.”|
|Water||“Water is one of the fundamental requirements for life used in research projects at the Research Laboratory.”|
|Fluorine||“Fluorine is an uncommon inorganic resource that can be used in several crafting recipes.”|
|Copper||“Chlorine is an uncommon inorganic resource used to unlock research projects, upgrade your gear, and build various Outpost.”|
|Tetrafluorides||“Tetrafluorides are a rare inorganic component used in crafting and researching Performance Enhancement in Pharmacology as well as in industrial workbenches for various manufactured items.”|
|Ionic Liquids||“Ionic Liquids are a rare exotic resource used to craft various items and fulfill research project requirements, like the Performance Enhancement 3 research project.”|
|Neon||“Neon is used in crafting 2 laser mods, namely the Foregrip With Laser Sight mod and the Laser Sight mod. It is also used for 1 optic mod, the Red Dot Sight.”|
To locate these resources, begin by activating your scanner and scanning the entirety of the planet’s surface. When you encounter a mineral listed in the Survey Checklist, it will be outlined in blue. Upon scanning it, the outline will change to green.
All Biomes on Procyon III in Starfield
Procyon III planet consists of the following biomes that can be explored by landing your ship in different regions:
- Frozen Plains biome
- Wetlands biome
How to Discover Procyon III Traits
You can discover the following three planet traits on Procyon III by following unknown location markers shown on your scanner:
- Gravitational Anomaly: Discovered after scanning the Gravitational Anomaly in biomes.
- Psychotropic Biota: Discovered after scanning the Fungal Grottos in Lush or Unusual Groves.
- Corraline Landmass: Discovered after scanning Coralline Mineral Pools in locations called Coral Ponds.
There are specific locations on this planet where you can find the mentioned traits. These areas appear to be natural wonders, such as mineral outgrowths and fungal colonies.